Friday, November 13, 2009

More Pictures From The Jungle

More Pictures from my Trip top Amazonas

These girls were with us almost constantly while we were there. They stood beside us while we looked at all of the samples. One strange Ecuadorian custom is to spit whenever you smell something bad. Obviously the fecal samples we were looking at smelled horrible, so whenever a new sample would be opened, they would spit on the floor. I loved them being there, but it was really hard to concentrate with the constant spitting at my feet. I am just glad I had large rubber boots on!
I hadn't seen this little girl the entire time we were there until we were giving out medicine at the very end. They said she was 5 years-old, but was more the size of a 2 year-old.

This a group of some of the children. This was taken in the community center of the village.
This is the bridge we crossed to get into Amazonas
Beautiful Girls in the village.

1 comment:

  1. Joe and Tracy,

    Wow. I loved seeing pictures of the people you are working with - especially the children. What an opportunity to reach souls for God!

    We miss you so much. Our fall revival starts tomorrow. We are hopeful that souls here will be reached here as well.

    I had thought of a question to ask you. With all of the different tropical flowers around and the jungle so close, are allergies a big problem there? This past week has been bad here in Texas and I was wondering what it is like there.

    Christine Scott

    ReplyDelete