Thursday, September 17, 2009

How to Make a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich: 8 steps (with pictures) - wikiHow

How to Make a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich: 8 steps (with pictures) - wikiHow

Ok, so today while trying to find out how to shell peanuts, I came across instructions for how to make a pb&j. Yes, actual instructions for what my 4 year-old can already do on her own and it even includes pictures for the more sandwich challenged amongst you. So, enjoy the link and don't forget to "Wipe any residual peanut butter from the knife onto the second piece of bread."

Oh yeah, the reason I was looking for shelling peanuts was that today we got some fresh peanuts from the jungle. One of the missionaries brought back the peanuts from one of her jungle trips and is selling the peanuts for the village. Joe had an amazing idea to make peanut butter, so we are experimenting with different recipies. There is one store in the area that gets peanut butter for the Crazy Gringos, but it is almost $8 for a very small jar. I don't know about you, but I don't enjoy making $2 PB&J sandwiches for my kids, so we are going out on our own and will report back.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You guys are sure adventurous. Can I pay you $7 for your PB?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've decided that our PB will be 50 cents less than at Karen's (the store here).

    ReplyDelete