Saturday, February 5, 2011

Strange Things I Would Have Definetly Bet Against (If I were a Gambling Woman)

Well, I have been a little less "blog-friendly" lately because I have a new job. After Thanksgiving our sweet friend, fellow missionary and the 5th and 6th grade teacher, Randy Umble had to leave Shell due to serious kidney problems. Several people filled in for a few days at at time, but I really felt that I should volunteer to substitute for a week (yeah, I know not a long term commitment, but its 5th and 6th graders- how scary is that!). God was definitely in the decision, because I absolutely loved it.
Unfortunalty, Randy had to return to the states for more treatments and a possible kidney transplant and so, long story short, I am now teaching 5th and 6th graders until we leave in May. I will also be teaching next year- no one is more surprised than I am, but teaching is one of the most creative things I have ever done. Research is still my passion, but that requires days at a time in the jungle and with the kids and school, that isn't realistic right now, so, I am very excited about my new venture.
Please pray for Randy and his family as they deal with being away from home and a possible organ transplant.

3 comments:

  1. It's about time you get back on here! Oh, and I guess we'll need to take some more family photos since you look totally different now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess I shouldn't say "I told you so".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's awesome!! We seriously need to Skype soon...it has been FAR too long.

    ReplyDelete