Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year and New Challenges

I know this sounds strange, but I like change.  I get bored very easily.  When I was teaching, I moved the kids desks around way too often, I try to change up our furniture layout, but space isn't my friend.  In the 4 years we have been here, I have had a different job every year.  All of that to say, I get excited about a new challenges.  Oh, and by the way, the space bar on my laptop isn't working too well, so please forgiveme ifthere are a few typoshereandthere..... see what I mean.
So, as all things do (even here in Shell) times they are a changing.  The hospital is about to make some major changes. We don't know exactly what those will be just yet, but Joe and I are excited about what God is doing here.  The economic, social and government aspects in Ecuador are changing.  What once was a country with little to no health care now is building new hospitals and with the help of our hospitals training new family medicine physicians.  What once was a country with dirt roads that made travel close to impossible with the heavy rain we receive, now has nicely paved roads and tunnels through mountains.  There are even communities in the jungle that have internet access! Praise God for the progress that is occurring here.  But we need to adjust and change as well.  Please pray for our leadership as they make the big decisions and with the missionary community and hospital employees that we can all see God's will in the new plan and that we are not scared of the change, but see it as a wonderful new challenge. 

3 comments:

  1. We will continue to pray for you. Yes, I check daily for your blog. Grann;y

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you check daily! Thanks for the prayers. We love you and miss you very much.

      Delete
  2. I don't check daily, but I check a couple of times a week. I love being able to keep up to date with all that is going on with ya'll. Your family is in our daily prayers!
    Pam Maddux

    ReplyDelete