Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Sundays are For More than Just Football

When I first met Joe, 15 years ago, he didn't strike me as the "preacher" type.  Don't get me wrong, he was a Godly man and great physician, but to picture him preparing a sermon and then standing in front of people would have been a wild notion.  Gracias a Dios, Joe is an amazing Bible teacher and he has gotten the chance to really shine the last few months.  He has been preaching most Sundays at the hospital service.  The hospital doesn't really have a church, but they do hold services every Sunday morning for the patients who are hospitalized as well as the staff on-call.  The service can vary from 4 to 20 depending on the week.  Joe has been teaching from Thessalonians the last few weeks and I have learned so much.  While we miss being in our church in Puyo each Sunday, I am grateful that God has blessed Joe to preach as well as be a doctor.   Sorry I don't have any pictures, but it just never seemed appropriate during the services. 

1 comment:

  1. Just another reason we love and appreciate him. He loves to share the love of Jesus.
    Granny

    ReplyDelete